Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Book of the Year 2014



I wasn't sure if I would participate in this but it looks like so much fun, I couldn't resist.  Thank you to Sheila at Book Journey for hosting this.



My first book of 2014 is going to be a review book, of course.  It's a mystery from Berkley.  I'm not sure it's a cozy, though, but it looks really good.  It's a book I would have read even if it wasn't for a review...




This is the synopsis from Goodreads:

FIRST IN A NEW SERIES!

Search and rescue expert Gracie Kinkaid risks her life on a daily basis to save strangers. But going up against a coldhearted murderer is one kind of danger she’s not prepared for…

As a volunteer for Timber Creek Search and Rescue, missing out on holiday festivities is nothing new to Gracie. After all, disasters don’t stop happening because of a cooked turkey. So when Gracie is called out on Thanksgiving for four hikers missing in the wilderness of Southern California, she packs up her gear and heads out to find them.

The mission quickly goes from routine to deadly. An early season blizzard sets in. The one missing person the team does find, famous actor Rob Christian, remembers being attacked by someone else on the trail, someone trying to kill him. And Gracie’s partner leaves to get backup, taking the radio—their only link to the outside world—with him.

Alone in the mountains, Gracie will have to use all her expertise to keep Rob alive. But with an unknown killer lurking somewhere in the dark, even that might not be enough to save them…


18 comments:

  1. Oh - that does sound good - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

    Happy New Year!
    My First Book of the Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your first book, it does look exciting. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Happy New Year and happy reading! I added my first book post to Sheila's Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you love it! Happy New Year, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mystery is always a good way to begin the year. Enjoy! And here's MY FIRST BOOK OF THE YEAR POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a chill just looking at the cover! Enjoy:) Here is my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/01/first-book-of-year-2014.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really good! I don't read a lot of mysteries, but that had me hooked in the description. Hope it is amazing!

    My First Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this one around the blogosphere and I want to read it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First in a Series for the First of the New Year - Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try not to have my first book a review book, always want to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also reading a mystery for my first book. Happy Reading in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you enjoy your first read. Sounds really interesting!

    Cynthia
    The Things You Can Read
    www.thethingsyoucanread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ENJOY!!

    Happy New Year!!

    Stop by my blog any time from January 2 to January 11 for an international giveaway of Jubilee's Journey.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My First Book of The Year

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you did join in! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book is so you Yvonne, I know you love those mysteries. Happy reading and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first book of 2014 was *Full Moon O Sagashite*, Vol.2 by Arina Tanemura.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/569109.Full_Moon_O_Sagashite_Vol_02

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.