Monday, March 16, 2015

Review: Cat Man Deux: A Mo the Shelter Cat Mystery by Maureen Murphy Williams


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Outskirts Press, Inc.

Release Date:
August 2012





Kate Ferguson, the director of the Cats Pause Feline Shelter, has her hands full when the police deliver a howling cat to her doorstep. Kate is saddened when she learns of Mo’s plight. Mo’s human “mum” has been murdered and she’s obviously in a deep grieving state. Mo quickly makes friends with three shelter cats and pleads with them to help her find her “mum’s” killer. Before Mo can settle in with a new family, she must find closure for her beloved “mum”.

When Kate learns that Mo’s “mum” had been investigating a group of investors who were trying to acquire vineyard land, she’s more than a little interested. Kate’s father is one of those land owners and there is no way she’ll let him be duped into giving up his property.

Kate and Mo’s investigation leads them into danger. They are determined to make sure the bad guys are caught before anyone else gets hurt.

It took me a day to read this one. It’s only 162 pages, but quite a good introduction into this series. I loved Mo and Kate. In fact, I immediately fell in love with all the characters – both feline and human. I did have one problem in that I felt there was too much written about the wine industry in the small fictional town of Seven Oaks, Oregon. It seemed to take me out of the mystery as I was reading.

This mystery is more about the whys than the whos. The intrigue is in discovering why Mo’s “mum” is murdered. It’s a heartwarming story which gives readers an inside look at the workings of an animal shelter. I must admit, it touched my heart. The story is fast paced with my two favorite ingredients – cats and mystery.

I’m looking forward to reading the next book.




For reading challenges:
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2015
What An Animal Reading Challenge
Where are you reading? challenge (Oregon)

Disclosure: I purchased this book for my Kindle. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.