Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - June 9th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I seem to be doing these book memes faster than I can actually read the books. I'm using one of my upcoming reads today, since I already used my current reads in previous weeks. I'm not big on memoirs but I do enjoy some celebrity and sports related (okay, Yankee related) books. Here it is...



First chapter...

In 2009, a few days after we'd won the World Series, I was out with my family enjoying a celebratory dinner. We were heading home to South Florida in a few days, and it felt good to have the season over and to be enjoying a warm late fall evening. After we finished, Laura and I sat while Jorge Jr. and Paulina spooned up some ice cream. I saw the look of mischief in my daughter's eyes, shook my head, and whispered, "Don't even think about it." She went back to using her spoon as she was supposed to, instead of as a launcher.

Teaser...

He was right that it's amazing to have nearly every part of a baseball game play out in front of you - the view from that part of the stadium is remarkable - but he got one thing wrong: I had the best seat in the house, on that night and every night I sat behind home plate.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

23 comments:

  1. I'm not big on sports memoirs, but since it's the Yankees, I might give this a try ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, being a huge Boston fan, I don't think I'd be interested in an arch-emeies memoir ---LOL enjoy Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. It really depends on my mood at the time for me to read a book like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not big on memoirs either, but this one could be interesting for a fan I;m sure. and that first chapter excerpt is kinda cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not big on memoirs either, but this one could be interesting for a fan I;m sure. and that first chapter excerpt is kinda cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably not for me - don't read too many memoirs and my sports loyalties are very narrow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby would probably like this one.

    Mine this week is from a cozy mystery, and also a bonus teaser:

    http://pdworkman.com/teaser-tuesday-double-header/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the sports memoirs I read tend to be about runners.

    My TT this week is at http://wp.me/pZnGI-nr

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love baseball - especially my Atlanta Braves - but I don't read memoirs. This one sounds well-written though. My adult teaser comes from Clockwork Secrets by Dru Pagliassotti. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually don't like books like this, but the first chapter and teaser pulled at me. It made me think of going to Cincinnati Reds games when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like baseball and this inside view sounds intriguing. I like the tone of the beginning and the teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I generally like a good sports memoir -- but my husband is a huge fan of baseball books. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally know what you mean about these memes coming so fast I can hardly finish books in between. I'm not very big on memoirs myself, although I do like reading about people! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a sports fan, but I sometimes enjoy the stories that show the family life as well. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE CRY”

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds interesting, Yvonne! I don't often read memoirs, but this might be something my father-in-law would like.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My family loves baseball: the Yankees & the Mets, the Dodgers just because of our current location..we've moved so much that we tend to hold onto our original teams from NY though. My husband is originally from the Bronx so he made my kids be Yanks fans, lol.

    Sorry, Diane, we love the city of Boston, but have to take a stand against its teams :)

    I might read it, but my son absolutely would love it. He has a memoir by Mariano Rivera on his kindle from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like memoirs and this one, based on only one paragraph, I'd like to read. His attention to detail and the mention, at the beginning, of his daughter grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know of this book and would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read a sports memoir before, but this sounds like a good one. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My Tuesday post features The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to love baseball, but not so much now.... grew out of it I suppose. Still, I love a good memoir, so I would read this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not big on reading books like this. I do like watching documentaries and biographies though. And I've always loved baseball. That crack of ball meeting wood means summer!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/09/teaser-tuesdays-118-grizzly-trade/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.