Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - July 1st



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This looks like a good new cozy mystery.  The first in a series.







Synopsis from Goodreads...

In this freshly baked series, author Maddie Day lifts the lid on a small town in southern Indiana, where a newcomer is cooking up a new start--until a murderer muddles the recipe...

Nursing a broken heart, Robbie Jordan is trading in her life on the West Coast for the rolling hills of southern Indiana. After paying a visit to her Aunt Adele, she fell in love with the tiny town of South Lick. And when she spots a For Sale sign on a rundown country store, she decides to snap it up and put her skills as a cook and a carpenter to use. Everyone in town shows up for the grand re-opening of Pans ‘n Pancakes, but when the mayor's disagreeable assistant is found dead, Robbie realizes that not all press is good press. With all eyes on her, she'll have to summon her puzzle-solving skills to clear her name, unscramble the town's darkest secrets, and track down a cold-blooded killer--before she's the next to die...

Publisher:  Kensington

Release Date:  October 27, 2015


What are you waiting to read?

11 comments:

  1. Another good new cozy! I like that cover, and the country store angle fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking for this one in the fall. Thanks for featuring it.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-other-daughter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the look and sound of this one...that kitchen reminds me of my Aunt Rita's kitchen...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE MISTAKE I MADE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. I've not heard of this one but I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good cozy! I'll definitely have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancakes,nom nom nom. And set in Indiana, which is different. Another title for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really a cozy mystery reader, but I just love all their fun titles and covers! Hope you get it soon.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.