Saturday, April 7, 2018

Review: The Lady of the Lake by Karen Musser Nortman (Author), Michelle Babb (Narrator)


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio Book

Publisher:
Karen Nortman

Release Date:
April 17, 2017






Synopsis from Goodreads:


A trip down memory lane is fine if you don’t stumble on a body. Frannie Shoemaker and her friends camp at Old Dam Trail State Park near one of Donna Nowak’s childhood homes. They take in the county fair, reminisce at a Fifties-Sixties dance, and check out old hangouts. But the present intrudes when a body surfaces. Donna becomes the focus of the investigation and Frannie wonders if the police shouldn’t be looking closer at the victim’s many enemies. A traveling goddess worshipper, a mystery writer and the Sisters on the Fly add color to the campground.

My Review

This is another fun camping adventure with the Shoemakers and their friends. This time one of Frannie’s dear friends is being accused of murder. There’s no way Frannie will sit on the sidelines and let her friend be put in jail. She’s determined to prove her friends’ innocence. Frannie quickly discovers there are many suspects to choose from as the victim was far from being well liked by anyone.

The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries are a light fare. They are delightful and relaxing to listen to. Michelle Babb’s voice is perfect for storytelling. I could listen to her all day.  This is the 4th in the series and are like “comfort food” for those, like me, who enjoy listening to fast-paced cozy mysteries with characters who feel more like close friends. I’m looking forward to my next camping trip with the Shoemakers.



For reading challenges:
Audio Book Reading Challenge 2018

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed the audio book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.